Applications are open between 27 August and 3.00pm on 25 September 2018 for The Northern Tasmania Waste Management Group Resource Recovery and Waste Minimisation Grants program.
Financial support up to $70,000 will be provided for eligible project costs associated with procuring infrastructure or educational materials necessary to improve waste management practices in the northern Tasmania area.
- Schools (primary schools, high schools and senior colleges)
- Not-for-profit community organisations registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission.
- Sole traders, small, medium and large businesses, local governments and local government organisations, and state government organisations (including hospitals and tertiary education institutions).
Eligible organisations must:
- Be based and operate in the northern Tasmania area as defined by the council boundaries of Break O’Day, Dorset, George Town, Launceston, Meander Valley, Northern Midlands and West Tamar councils.
- Be seeking to minimise waste to landfill from either their operations or activities in the northern Tasmanian community.
- Read the guidelines
- Check your organisation & project eligibility
- Complete the application form, including any supporting documents such as cost estimates
- Email your completed application to [email protected] before 3.00pm on the 25th of September 2018.
Applications will be assessed by a panel of experienced practitioners from the Northern Tasmanian Waste Management Group and other relevant expert organisations against the following criteria:
- Community benefit – how the project benefits the northern Tasmanian community;
Project duration – how long the project will provide a benefit to the Tasmanian community;
Commitment – the applicant’s commitment to improving waste management and recycling;
Landfill diversion – how the project leads to an improvement in resource recovery or waste minimisation;
Value for money – the financial value of the project compared to the expected benefits;
Cash contributions to the project, and;
Where bin infrastructure is to be installed, assessment that the bins meet the Australian Standards for bin colours (AS 4123-2006 part 7).